Friday, December 19, 2008

And here I am...



After learning to post (2X), wondering if I was divulging too much, wondering if it was any good, wondering and second guessing, I accidently deleted what took me about a month to get out there in one easy keystroke. Ahhh, story of my life. Anyhoo, lets get on with the next chapter.




So here I am, this is me and my family taking a nature walk on Thanksgiving morning after I put the turkey in the oven. Down at the frozen turtle pond we skidded sticks across the ice to see how far they would go. Besides the turkey being done 3 hours early dinner was a smashing success.



I can't believe its been a year almost since our house burned down... or should I say exploded. last year January 26, 2007 we had a propane explosion. Thankfully no one was in the house except our cat Wahoo, who we sadly miss. I can now truly appreciate what I do have and although this year has been tough my family is still here, safe and in tact and thats all I need to truly live. Plus we did end up getting our dream house.
We put in a geothermal as part of our trying to become more self-suffient. Mixed reviews on that. When it works its great but they have been here quite a bit (10x+) to fix the thing and I think they are now looking to replace the units. I understand that its all new but there's snow on the ground, as there ususally is in New York in December, and I dont want my babies being cold.
Hopefully this will all be resolved soon and they can fix this.

No comments: